Wired network and the Internet access at York comes in two types: public access Ethernet jacks, which require your Passport York username and password to log in (you may know this as YorkNet); and direct connection, typically using a static or dynamic IP address service known as Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
How do I get it?
- Wired network and Internet access at many campus locations.
- Learn more about YorkNet.
- Get help setting up your computer to connect to YorkNet.
- YorkNet Ethernet jacks are usually pink.
High speed network access with static IP address is available via Ethernet jacks in select locations at York.
- Direct connection to the York network intended for specific hardware; no login required
- Request LAN Drops from your local IT Support Group.
- If you do not have an IT Support Group, submit a request.
- LAN Drop Ethernet jacks are usually blue.
- To apply for an IP address please submit the online IP address request form.
How do I get help?
Wired access at York typically just works. If you need help, submit a Service Request.