FAS - File Access Service allows students access to campus computers at libraries and labs such as William Small Centre Computing Commons. Note that access to some labs is restricted depending on the courses students are enrolled in. WebFAS is remote access using a web browser to access to your files and various desktop software within a “virtual” environment.
How do I get it?
When you are connected to the York network using your Passport York login, you can get to the resources to which FAS allows you access.
How do I get help?
FAS technical information
Provides file storage services including:
- Remote file services through WebFAS. This involves installing a "virtual desktop" program on your computer, which lets you access your personal files and some software.
- Virtual lab services through WebFAS.
- Students get 1GB of storage space.
- Access from computing lab workstations to academic software applications, specific to the location. A computer in the library offers resources that differ from a computer in the Computing Commons. See a list of software available in the computing commons.
FAS provides central network print and copy services consistent with current print management solutions for academic labs:
- YU-card as method of payment
- Wireless printing
- $300 print credit for graduate students (no cash value)