- Eduroam allows York University community members who are visiting other participating institutions to access the wireless internet service using their York credentials.
- Your Passport York username followed by @yorku.ca, and password, is your log in for Eduroam.
- On Campus, Eduroam allows visitors at York University to access wireless internet service if they are from another participating institution. If you are a York University community member, you must use the AirYork Wireless service while at York.
How do I get it?
- Check that the institution you will be visiting is an Eduroam participant:
- Configure your computer or wireless device & connect to Eduroam wireless network:
We recommend you print these instructions before you visit another institution.
- Eduroam is available to visitors in the following locations at York:
How do I get help?
- If you are visiting York University from another institution, please contact your home institution for instructions on connecting to Eduroam at York.
- If you are a York University Community member, please contact the helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-736-5800.
- Eduroam at York supports 802.11a/g/n
- IP addresses for Eduroam users are public (126.96.36.199/24) and traffic is not restricted, throttled, shaped nor firewalled
- Authentication for the eduroam wireless access service requires each client system to be configured to use WPA2 Enterprise with AES encryption and 802.1X (PEAPv0 with EAP-MSCHAPv2) for authentication.
NOTE: Android software has a problem with roaming between Wi-Fi access points. Please install the following from the Play Store: "Wifi Roaming Fix" to address this issue.