York University uses the YU-card for payment for printing and photocopying services in computer labs and Libraries across campus. The YU-card is York University's official photo ID and campus debit card for students.
How do I get it?
- York University student can read about how to get your YU-card.
- The acceptable payment method is using your YU-card or a guest YU-card
Cost of Printing/Photocopying:
- Printing (black/white) and photocopying costs 10 cents per page. Colour printing is 25 cents per page. Note: If you encounter hardware or other print problems, speak to the on-duty staff.
- Balance on my old photocopy card
- Any balance remaining on your old photocopy card can be transferred to your YU-card. You can transfer funds during regular operating hours at the following locations: in the Scott Library (Keele campus) directly across from the circulation desk, at the Osgoode Law Library circulation desk, and at the Frost Library (Glendon campus) circulation desk.
- Locations of publicly accessible campus printers and photocopiers:
How do I get help?
Instructions for queuing and printing are posted next to the printing stations. The following lists print instructions for various locations:
- Printing from William Small Centre
- Printing from the AP Labs (LA&PS)
- Quota Printing for registered Graduate Students
- Remote printing from your laptop on-campus or desktop computer in residence
Known Printing Issues
If you select multiple pages to be printed on a single sheet or side, always check when releasing your print job (at the GoPrint Release Station) and be aware of how many pages you will be charged. Some software applications are compatible with the printing system (e.g. 4 pages on 1 page/sheet will be the cost of 1 page/sheet i.e. only 10¢); while other software applications are not compatible with the printing system (e.g. 4 pages on 1 page/sheet will be the cost of 4 pages i.e. 40¢).